Discuss g3 unvented cylinder ticket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

brum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
hi guys I am recently self employed and on this forum keep on seeing g3 being quoted I realize the importance of proper installation procedures but was prev working under my employees banner.I feel that I should get my g3.What are the implications under law if I do not get g3.
I have fitted 2 no unvented cylinders with no g3 recently.
Where and how do I get g3 certification thanks guys.

You've already broken the law by the sound of it. Replacement cylinders of any kind are notifiable under Building Regs. In addition to being trained and certified under G3 you need a building control notice or be a member of a competent person scheme for self certification. Training is only one day with most training centres.

I did a few before I got my qualification. Revisited them afterwards.

Hi brum most colleges who do gas work or nvq plumbin will do g3. The sad fact is loads of employers are gettin there guys to fit gas boilers or unvented tanks and the guys who fit them arent qualified but the boss will go round and sign all off . Thats there way of being tight arses and not paying his employees appropriate training . I was talkin to a guy who used to be my journeyman years ago. He works on sites now and i asked him what analyser hes using and he said he doesnt comission he just fits and his boss comissions as his tickets ran out ..

thanks for your reply what do you mean by a competent person scheme I threw this into the forum and may get burnt at the stake will get proper certification if it is really needed thanks again vee

thanks for your reply what do you mean by a competent person scheme I threw this into the forum and may get burnt at the stake will get proper certification if it is really needed thanks again vee

We have different rules about notification in scotland brum.

So what is the law in Scotland? Here in the South as a gsr you can notify your Part G and Part L compliance via the register i.e. competent person scheme. Otherwise you are supposed to get permission or notify Building Control. Didn't realise its that much different up there. Looks its quite lax in comparison to the rigmarole we have to put up with here. Count yourself lucky.

Never said it was, it's just an example. There are plenty. Not every plumber is gas safe. Still need to notify their work though. Even bathrooms are notifiable in certain circumstances........

For what it costs you might as well get it. I don't think I've.met a customer yet who knows what it is or even cares though.
I've explained in another thread, I know a company with roughly 3000 cylinders and none of their maintenance team have g3, nor do they seem in any rush to get it

Oh and before anybody says anything.... yes, I'm still upset they.haven't employed me to do their cylinder maintenance! :tounge_smile:

It's actually called domestic hot water storage systems according to bpec!

It's actually called domestic hot water storage systems according to bpec!
G3 = UVDHW costs around £150 for the day's training and you get a nice bit of paper afterwards. If you like to stay on the right side of the law (As I do :) ) then it's a must, but as stated elsewhere on here; A lot of people haven't got a clue, and a lot of installers haven't got the qualification. I've not seen any news items reporting that anyone has been prosecuted for illegally fitting UV cylinders either.
And before any one says it: I know that the G3 bit in my signature doesn't have the 'D' in it - I couldn't be bothered to correct it that's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to g3 unvented cylinder ticket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock