Discuss Full bore or Lever valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am thinking of making some improvements. I want to replace the existing isolating / stop valves which I think are just standard ones to full bore valves. However for ease of use I would like to have valves with a lever but I can't seem to find a full bore lever valve.

On screwfix I see the following.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/full-bore-isolating-valve-15mm/46860

But the following it says its a ball valve.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/lever-ball-valve-red-15mm/67744

Which is better for isolating the supply - will be in bathroom.

Full bore but on cylinders eg feeds levers as in an emergency they don’t require tools

Did you read it properly/fully?

Attachments

• AC6B57D4-C910-448E-BB9D-BDE9DEF8A99C.jpeg
    AC6B57D4-C910-448E-BB9D-BDE9DEF8A99C.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 20
Sorry but my explanation was a bit poor. The existing stop valves I want to replace are the ones connected to the sink and bath.

So copper pipes currently terminates in a isolating valve that requires a screw to operate. So an isolating valve that is full bore, has a lever and can connect to the sink and bath flexible tails.

Butterfly handle iso ball valves will do if you want easier use and you can't use a slotted iso ball valve as you listed.

ball-valve-15mm-compression-blue-butterfly-handle-23364-2_min_23364_P_1.jpg

That looks perfect. Can a sink / bath tail be connected to that?

The reason I am looking for a flat face isolating connector is from this video. 1m 10s in but then he says not that he has had leaks from a standard fitting - so not sure.

Last edited:
Butterfly handle iso ball valves will do if you want easier use and you can't use a slotted iso ball valve as you listed.

ball-valve-15mm-compression-blue-butterfly-handle-23364-2_min_23364_P_1.jpg

Do these come with a compression fitting on one end and a flat connector on the other end to attach basin taps, toilet inlet valves.

I thought I could connect these to flexi tails.
Or do I need another connector?

Last edited:

Reply to Full bore or Lever valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
Hi - recognise this a bit of an odd one. We have an old failed mixer valve which we need to replace. This valve actually predates a temperature...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
We just had a waterhole bored and were lucky enough to find a flowing artesian, which delivers just over 500 gallons an hour without needing a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, I have a new unvented system with a horizontal 210L Joule hot water cylinder. The cylinder has been vibrating badly which you can hear...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock