Search the forum,

Discuss Freebie Alert: Lowara A rated central heating pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My arrived today complete with a Mars Easter egg, which the misses has claimed.
Will fit at home at the weekend and give review on above link.
Thanks Ray :)

Lol selfish I live in a normal house lol
Your right just send me the money for a new house and ill send you the pump
Sounds a good deal to me lol

Haha. How does pump look anyway? Good quality?

The pump looks fantastic The creme egg easter egg, which I've hidden, looks marvelous too.

I couldn't help but take a look at the retail value of these pumps. Ray has been incredibly generous here guys, I can't stress enough about the feedback!

Yes it does look good quality to be honest the one bad point was there was no rubber pump washers just fibre ones

I got foam ones and one is split but the job i have booked in requires New pump unions also so will use the ones that come with those

The pump looks fantastic The creme egg easter egg, which I've hidden, looks marvelous too.

I couldn't help but take a look at the retail value of these pumps. Ray has been incredibly generous here guys, I can't stress enough about the feedback!

Why the hell did you get one? Selfish.

Don't worry Alex, you get rubber washers with the perfect pump valves you should be fitting.

Just got back in from looking at the system I was going to fit this to and decided that it's more than just the pump that needs changing - a complete overhaul is needed as it's a right mess. Was also as having a look at the prices myself and they certainly aren't cheap which made me decide it would be too much like putting a silk hat on a pig at the moment.

I'm one creme egg down and the missus has chocolate on her face.

Isnt this a metrosexual domestic 15/50 pump?

Havent you broken it yet :)

Isnt this a metrosexual domestic 15/50 pump?

Havent you broken it yet :)
Croppie earlier.....
tumblr_mbhi2vidwW1ra6ncso1_1280.jpg

I did have a quiet panic. Reminds me. I must send you a picture of one of my fingers......

You can send me a picture anytime :)

on the subject of pumps. When I worked on the cards doing HA work, we looked after a few commercial properties (40) and when big jobs occurred on these I used to help the commercial guy as he was the only one.

But, what are the yellow grundfos pumps I've seen in boiler rooms?

on the subject of pumps. When I worked on the cards doing HA work, we looked after a few commercial properties (40) and when big jobs occurred on these I used to help the commercial guy as he was the only one.

Probably bronze pumps for hot water secondary returns.

Secondary returns

Ray hasn't been generous at all. Just to be clear - these pumps were donated by Jed Grimes at Westco who are a major UK distributor for Lowara domestic pumps.

Even more so now I've seen the price lol. Ray, surely if you've given away ÂŁ1300 worth of pumps you can squeeze in another? Lol

See above. I am way to tight to give away even a single pump. All I stumped up for was a few easter eggs. And I begrudged those. :)

I have had several PMs asking about the cost of the pumps though, so I will post prices in the Arms in a moment.

My pump arrived today, and it's looking good. Can't wait to install it, and the more I think about it, I may install it in my own home
I was expecting the pump, but the Easter egg was a pleasant surprise, and a lovely gesture.
Many thanks Ray.

Will post my review soon.

How on earth have i missed this ? Really ! How much are they ? Or has that already been asked ! I like it might buy one to try !

I seriously need to fit this filter... It's just laying in the van, but everyone is wanting a "MagnaClean".

Hi Ray,
Any cheap grundfos pumps going as the new A rated pumps come in??

Hi Ray,
Any cheap grundfos pumps going as the new A rated pumps come in??

Quite the opposite Jase. Demand for the old pump is still high, and Grundfos hiked the price just before they stopped making them. There's no incentive for merchants to discount them, so no bargains to be had there I'm afraid. If we could get another 1000, we could sell them easily, but we can't get them.

A mate of mine works for a big firm who do all the local housing association stuff, they bought ÂŁ17,000 worth of standard pumps before they stopped production!!

A mate of mine works for a big firm who do all the local housing association stuff, they bought ÂŁ17,000 worth of standard pumps before they stopped production!!

Ive got a few in the van and about 6 in the garage, they'll keep me going for a few years as I don't do many repairs.

I don't like these new a rated pumps. I fit in the other day and because its bigger i couldn't shut the airing cupboard door afterwards :-(

Ive got a few in the van and about 6 in the garage, they'll keep me going for a few years as I don't do many repairs.

I don't like these new a rated pumps. I fit in the other day and because its bigger i couldn't shut the airing cupboard door afterwards :-(

got a pic in my head of you trying to ram the door, kick the pump and then walk away whistling, lol

Can we close this thread the first thing I see every time is FREEBIE.
it brings back all the bad memories of missing out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freebie Alert: Lowara A rated central heating pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock