Discuss FREE PAS 2030 training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

got this email seems legit .

for some reason couldnt copy and paste email firefox wont let me some prob with cookies..

if anyone wants the full email pm me your addy i will forward

the link to aply is here

http://qmsaltd.us1.list-manage2.com...2b9bc9962024a82c27&id=7229c5c91c&e=4052e9425c

pas2030 1.jpg

pas2030 2.jpg

yeah but no but
yeah but no but
yeah but no but

cant hurt if its free

I've been on this course:

You get free training and a quality management system.

It gives you an insight into the eco and green deal schemes, tells you what you need etc.

It'll give you everything you need to pass your assessment.

You'll need to attend two training sessions.

But you have to pay for your assessment which is about £800 at current rates.

I've just had mine today. Hopefully all ok, find out next week if I've passed and then will take me another week to find out if I can make my money back or any decent money.

Will update soon.

Says assesments included.
will see what they say:

This is a rare opportunity for installers to access fully funded (by Government grant) training and systems. Your business will receive the following:
  • A complete Green Deal, ECO and Renewable business Management System plus technical library and guides
  • Training workshop and certificate on preparing your business for Green Deal, ECO and Renewables
  • Updates and bulletins about key industry news and developments
  • Ongoing support to prepare your business for Green Deal, ECO and Renewable work
  • Assessment for PAS 2030/MCS compliance from QMSA
  • EU Skills Network membership providing further opportunities and advice to develop your business in the future

Just another college making money from us , you pay then for assessment and they decide who's passed hmmmmm

Just another college making money from us , you pay then for assessment and they decide who's passed hmmmmm

I know what your saying but just gonna wait and see if it is totally free i will consider it . I hate pas 2030 and all that it stands for but if its free i'll have a look .

I think that's a mock assessment that they do.
The actual certification costs you have to pay for yourself. Which comes to about £800 depending on which certification body you decide to go with.
You get free membership for about a year/18 months and then after that you pay to become part of the network if you wish to continue.

The course itself is free, so if you've got a free day, you might as well do it. Your not obliged to spend any money unless you want to.

the green deal can go swivel as far as i'm concerned quite happy chugging along doing county council works and h/a bashing dont need a paper scheme to tell me how to change a boiler thank you very much

If it is a mock assesment then im gonna report em to trading standards for false advertising

For guys living in West Sussex, you can get a grant:

[DLMURL="http://sustainablebusiness.org.uk/restart-local/green-deal-grants/"]Green Deal Grants | Sustainable Business Partnership[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is a mock assesment then im gonna report em to trading standards for false advertising

Officially its probably called 'certification', the bit you pay for. Maybe that's how they get around it?

Ok here's my update:

Since initially attending the 'Free' training, I've now become a PAS 2030 accredited business.

Yaaay!

BUT I've spent.

About £800 on the Certification/assessment
5 days on training and sorting paperwork out etc.

I Had two funding providers in mind that I was going to use, one wants a CCA credit licence which costs £600+ (lasts five years) and the other wants a £470 odd + VAT membership fee to join their club and the other thing I've got to do is open credit trade accounts at their merchants.

So its looking very expensive and a lot of lost time to do this.

In the mean time, I've applied for Gloworms ECO club, in which they ask you stupid questions and copies of all your paperwork again. I didn't submit all the details so I will see how it goes with that. Supposedly they can authorise you within 24 hours. Only problem with Gloworm is that I have to pay for the boiler and bits out of my own pocket and then get paid only £1500 in 30 days. With the others It would have all been on account so no cash flow problems.

I surveyed a job last night for this ECO thing, it was an absolute horrible installation, done by the local cowboy five or six years ago. Gas in 15mm, meter front of property, boiler at back, cooker in between. No clips anywhere, even on the drops for the radiators, all compression and pushfit fittings, bent pipe (poorly hand bent, not proper bent). No TRVs, and because he's put all the valves on upside down, they'll need repiping to upgrade to TRV's. Boiler was in downstairs bathroom, 2 ft away from bath. There's no way I'm upgrading all that for £1500.

On the plus side I've got a couple of easy ones surveyed, ready to do when I find the funding.

Will update when I finally get some jobs done and recoup my investment or give up having spent all that money and wasted all that time.

I would like someone to explain this pas 2030 to me if they can as what your getting trained for???

If your a gas safe installer then arnt you trained??

i already have my gas quals 20+ years experience 10 million public liabilty ,risk assesments, method statements , coshh assesments , and loads of other crappy courses but that doesnt clear me to install a boiler for the govt .

unless that is i decide to part witha considerble amount of money load of tosh imho

i will stick with contracting to county councils and housing associations and pas can take a running jump

(ironic tho since all this started im getting loads of iron works)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FREE PAS 2030 training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock