Search the forum,

Discuss free boiler scheme?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning guys, I'm trying to make some inquires regarding government funded boiler replacement schemes. My friend passed away recently, suddenly and unexpectedly leaving behind his wife and two young sons.
Before he died he was looking into replacing his boiler this summer and his wife wants to carry this through as she wants to get all of her finances in order for the future. I have said that I would replace for her but she still has the outlay of the boiler and materials and id rather her save money where she can.
So my question is do any of you know much about these schemes/grants, the company I work for had a similar scheme but is now suspended for the foreseeable future. Do these schemes operate at a local company level or are they just for the big players.
She is based in the frome Somerset area so if any of you guys down this way have any information id be greatly appreciative.

Don't know what is wrong with site keeps repeating posts ????????????????

Don't know what is wrong with site keeps repeating posts ????????????????

Bug / glitch on the system

If she is receiving any kind of benefit there is usually schemes to help , i had a a lovely lady customer who contracted cancer the macmillian nurses sorted a new boiler for her for free best of luck kop

In northern Ireland the affordable warmth scheme is running and you contact the local council to apply, they then send out someone to survey your home, then award a grant that suits your circumstances. For example your boiler is 15 years old, and your income is lower than ÂŁ20000 a year.

Thanks for the link, she receives various benefits now so I think ill look into the energy saving advise service see what available to her then go from there. I will update if we get anywhere with this.

If she gets a free install make sure you follow it with a good system flush and if needed a gas pipe upgrade. Most of these installs are bad, no flush, undersized gas etc.... Hope she finds help,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to free boiler scheme?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
My old mother had a call out of the blue from (something) Energy, she didn't catch the name, who said because my father was on a qualifying...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just looking for some advice/points of view from those in the know. Door to door salesman from a company called Home Efficiency Surveys caught...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Firebird Enviromax external oil boiler, it has a Riello RDB2.2 C26 burner which keeps locking out. It has been an ongoing...
Replies
Views
schubes18
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock