Search the forum,

Discuss free boiler scheme?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning guys, I'm trying to make some inquires regarding government funded boiler replacement schemes. My friend passed away recently, suddenly and unexpectedly leaving behind his wife and two young sons.
Before he died he was looking into replacing his boiler this summer and his wife wants to carry this through as she wants to get all of her finances in order for the future. I have said that I would replace for her but she still has the outlay of the boiler and materials and id rather her save money where she can.
So my question is do any of you know much about these schemes/grants, the company I work for had a similar scheme but is now suspended for the foreseeable future. Do these schemes operate at a local company level or are they just for the big players.
She is based in the frome Somerset area so if any of you guys down this way have any information id be greatly appreciative.

Don't know what is wrong with site keeps repeating posts ????????????????

Don't know what is wrong with site keeps repeating posts ????????????????

Bug / glitch on the system

If she is receiving any kind of benefit there is usually schemes to help , i had a a lovely lady customer who contracted cancer the macmillian nurses sorted a new boiler for her for free best of luck kop

In northern Ireland the affordable warmth scheme is running and you contact the local council to apply, they then send out someone to survey your home, then award a grant that suits your circumstances. For example your boiler is 15 years old, and your income is lower than £20000 a year.

Thanks for the link, she receives various benefits now so I think ill look into the energy saving advise service see what available to her then go from there. I will update if we get anywhere with this.

If she gets a free install make sure you follow it with a good system flush and if needed a gas pipe upgrade. Most of these installs are bad, no flush, undersized gas etc.... Hope she finds help,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to free boiler scheme?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock