Discuss Franke Olympu Kitchen Mixer Tap washer and O ring replacement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I bravely decided to replace the washers and O ring myself after the tap leaking for ages at the bit that swivels. I removed the grub screw at the back but then had to get a friend to pull the curved part out as it was stuck. I replaced the two washers and the o ring but I now can't get the top of the tap back in the hole. This should be so simple! Any advice would be gratefully received.

As KOPs post - and also recommend you use some non toxic silicone grease (or a little Vaseline if you don’t have silicone grease)

Had to edit post as Riley beat me in mentioning silicone grease. :)

washing ip liquid works also

Well, despite all the advice, I'm beaten. I've tried the lubrication and have tried to find a groove to locate it in the right position but it just goes in by a few millimetres and stops dead. I'll have to 'get a man in' after all. Thanks though x

Well, despite all the advice, I'm beaten. I've tried the lubrication and have tried to find a groove to locate it in the right position but it just goes in by a few millimetres and stops dead. I'll have to 'get a man in' after all. Thanks though x

Hope you were supplied with correct O rings? If they are too tight, then no chance of shoving it in.
The grooves also must be totally clean - (no remains of old O rings etc.)

Hope you were supplied with correct O rings? If they are too tight, then no chance of shoving it in.
The grooves also must be totally clean - (no remains of old O rings etc.)

Have to say that's my suspicion too!

Clare, where did you get the o-rings?

Oh, please do not use petroleum jelly to lube nor washing up liquid. Both will harm the o-rings by causing the rubber to break down.

Reply to Franke Olympu Kitchen Mixer Tap washer and O ring replacement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock