Search the forum,

Discuss Flue issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
image.jpgI've asked to quote to for new boiler ,
landlord sent me this photo , I've not seen job , as it's in Cambridge & I'm London based

Run run as fast as you can. Is it a joke picture? Do they have carbon monoxide party's in the winter with BBQ snacks and nibbles?!

Yes my guess would be it should be raised and also protected from damage ?

That's the other end

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 109
Doesn't matter what the landlord says. It has to be done right or not at all.

Send the photos in to gas safe!

The flue was there 1st , some one decided to put decking on the flat roof ,

how about it shouldnt be there, fullstop!
That is just being awkward for the sake of it ?
There is nothing to say you cannot have a flue or a chimney coming up through a roof terrace or even a patio as we have built underground rooms before extending into the garden with the chimney being built up from ground level .
In this case yes it needs raising and either protecting or a brick structure but the flue position is ok .

That is just being awkward for the sake of it ?
There is nothing to say you cannot have a flue or a chimney coming up through a roof terrace or even a patio as we have built underground rooms before extending into the garden with the chimney being built up from ground level .
In this case yes it needs raising and either protecting or a brick structure but the flue position is ok .

So you build a brick structure round it and raise it, how are you going to inspect the flue, stick a plastic door in the chimney you have just created?

So you build a brick structure round it and raise it, how are you going to inspect the flue, stick a plastic door in the chimney you have just created?
There is more than one way to solve any problem I only say brick but timber may be easier ,and it would not have to be plastic ?
Not all jobs fit in to what we consider to be normal so there will always be the odd one that takes some thinking outside the box ?

From the photo it maybe better to take it horizontally out into the garden, the flue was fine until the decking was completed. It now needs updating, how wold anyone think it's right?

From the photo it maybe better to take it horizontally out into the garden, the flue was fine until the decking was completed. It now needs updating, how wold anyone think it's right?
Well someone must have beeen signing his landlords certificates I guess ?

Maybe? Might not have had CP12's carried out, the point is it's been picked up now and needs altering!

There is more than one way to solve any problem I only say brick but timber may be easier ,and it would not have to be plastic ?
Not all jobs fit in to what we consider to be normal so there will always be the odd one that takes some thinking outside the box ?

Are you seriously condoning an illegal gas installation?

There has been a extension built , with full patio doors at the end , building has no outside walls due to building bought to boundrys

Long way to go for a free quote

Are you seriously condoning an illegal gas installation?
No not at all I am suggesting that it is not always possible to have things as nice straight forward ticks all the boxes at first glance .
That with some clever thinking and sensible input from be it the manufacturer or the installer and maybe even Gas safe that there is normally always an answer to solve any problem .
Just because something is not normally done it does not make it illegal ??

Because it's not installed as per manufacturers instructions,.

So I'll ask again.

Are you seriously condoning illegal installations?

Because it's not installed as per manufacturers instructions,.

So I'll ask again.

Are you seriously condoning illegal installations?

Where are you reading this from ?
I have stated that this installation is wrong already what I am saying is that it can be done to meet all requirements without breaking any rules ?

It is the same in any walk of life we have 3 doctors in our family and you will get 3 different answers !
The same as when you ring tecnical one guy tells you one thing the next time you ring you get another answer !
The world is not simple but playing devils advocate I am in the trade and get confused how do you really think Mr and Mrs public can have a clue where they stand when they get so many differing opinions ?

That's the reason I put photo on forum , to discuss unusually problems , every one has different views, nothing on MI about this flue ,

Found this on Thursday same situation up through a roof terrace. NCS for terminal guard and AR for terminating in an area where people sit ie patio set right behind it. And seing as it's next to a bin there is clearly increased risk of potential damage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
You could make a decorative stone or brick chimney to surround the flue and raise it above 2m. Inspection hatches could be made by cutting the same bricks or stones thin and sticking them to boards to make them look part of the brick/stonework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock