Search the forum,

Discuss Flue height in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just pricing a job for a boiler change on first floor flat where the flue sticks out the back its about 35 foot up. Realistically its to high for a ladder and expensive would increase by use of scaffolding especially as its only a case of putting the black seal over and a bit of cement .

Sooo any ideas to avoid the scaffold increase, the wall is solid no cavity as its older style house.

I hired a cherry picker (the type that you tow) from our local hire shop for the exact same thing only a couple of months ago it was only £90 + VAT for the day

What about when you use the flue on multi storeys, the m.is give you size of hole to core then it's fitted from the inside.

▶ If a 100mm diameter flue is to be used, a 125mm diameter hole is required. However, if using the weather sealing collar by pushing it through from inside the property, then a 150mm diameter hole is required to accommodate this.

That's from greenstar is installation instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue height in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock