Search the forum,

Discuss Flue height in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just pricing a job for a boiler change on first floor flat where the flue sticks out the back its about 35 foot up. Realistically its to high for a ladder and expensive would increase by use of scaffolding especially as its only a case of putting the black seal over and a bit of cement .

Sooo any ideas to avoid the scaffold increase, the wall is solid no cavity as its older style house.

I hired a cherry picker (the type that you tow) from our local hire shop for the exact same thing only a couple of months ago it was only £90 + VAT for the day

What about when you use the flue on multi storeys, the m.is give you size of hole to core then it's fitted from the inside.

▶ If a 100mm diameter flue is to be used, a 125mm diameter hole is required. However, if using the weather sealing collar by pushing it through from inside the property, then a 150mm diameter hole is required to accommodate this.

That's from greenstar is installation instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue height in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a mixed-use development with a ground floor commercial unit and residential above. To keep with the style, a 'fake' window has been installed to the rear of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock