Discuss flue gas analysis in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, poo - hat off too everybody and bowing. cant find the reg that says 200 ppm is ID, give me 24 hours to dig deeper into my memory to where that came from.
best i can do today is point towards gas safe edition six, 10.6.
remember MI beats gas regs.
failure to achieve satisfactory combustion readings.
villa tom hits nail on head,
all though today found out potterton EC two 160 only allow 50ppm CO which was a shock, and they would only class it as AR
annoyed cos i think ime rigt on that number then potterton says ime not its lower, will chase tommorow with more time.
on the plus side i do look beautifull on my video .
shaun. x

You owe me several pairs of boxer shorts! ;-)

When I did my OFTEC 200ppm CO was mentioned as being the limit too.

ok now its official. migo is dumb. there is no gas safety reg that states the permitted ammount of co that is allowed in the flue.
so long as the combustion anaylsis complies with MI there is no limit.
i would like to grovel to zebedee and plead forgiveness, ime sorry you poo'd pants
some boilers like the pott mentioned aboved allow 50 ppm, others such as the remeha gas eco 210 (broagg(my favorite boiler)) allow unlimited co
which seems very strange.
as far as i have been able to find out today there is no difference between commercial and domestic, other than what the client requires from you.
so once again apologies, Manufacturers Instructions are the key as usual. always consult them.

if it's of any consequence my anton beeps at 200ppm co telling me to leave the building.

this humble post brings to me a great thought, i consider myself to be a truly fantastic, big headed engineer who knows most stuff, and if i dont know it - i can find it. one of the traits of being a good engineer is the ability to cover up or hide your mistakes. just realised its pretty hard to cover up a mistake when it is written in black and white 20 odd posts upwards. wish i still had my edit button !

to zebedee if it wasnt for people like you, my head would explode after it became so big. thank you. x

shaun. x

no. leave it, give it a couple of weeks, when everybody has had there say and we have a good correct thought on the fga line, maybe we could edit the post with everybody contributions/additions !
hopefully that way you should end up with a factual, fga thread that helps all !
but thank you.

private convo. please delete zebedee for bringing me down to earth for week !

x

We all make mistakes from time to time, god knows I've made a fair few!

OFTEC figure I was given is not to allow C0 go above 90, preferred C0 figure to aim for is below 50 on condensing boilers.

thanks pete, dont suppose you a regulation number for that quote ? cheers
shaun

As far as I know they are using BS 7967 I don't see the actual figure of 90 ppm in the OFTEC manual I remember from the OFTEC course.

Just to add something to this.
A maximum 200ppm CO is a limit BG work by.
Worcester also state this limit for their boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue gas analysis in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock