Discuss Flue cores in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I allways sand and cement them in after the foam its the easier way to pack them out so the mortar doesn't just crumble away for having nothing to rest against inmy opinion

In the old day woody them Victorians would have packed there flue holes out with newspaper or horse hair/poo, non of that foam rubbish, then made good with a lime mortar

Yeh back when I were a lad we stuffed in the old template and bits of kitchen roll

I was with a mate last year who was having his inspection by GS, he took them to a job we'd done on a Vaillant install. Sand n cement, inside and outside both covers fitted.

GS bloke pointed out that we hadn't put the three screws in the internal white flue cover, I said it's been stuck back with a bit of silicone to keep it in place, he said ''If there are screw holes in the cover, then screws must be inserted and screwed into the wall' I was a bit gobsmacked tbh considering some of the sh1te I drive past every week.

Edited to add : I always core 5" btw.

Last edited:
Well your supposed to I never have but
Might start belt and braces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue cores in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back