Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Welton

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to service this boiler today,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359055656.936026.jpg

Just firing it up to test, to find it wouldn't fire for more than a couple of minutes, then was cycling every 30 seconds or so. Customer keeps heating and hot water on 24-7 so wasn't aware of a problem as system did eventually get up to temp.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359055822.823721.jpg

See a problem ;)

Crikey, on a big boiler like that! Isnt the 28 on the flow not the return?I and is that 2 pumps in the return? That would help I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope 22mm flow into 15-60 pump, 28mm on return. Really don't understand why whoever did it didn't think it seemed odd.

Ah, I dont fit many Grants but thought the FLow was the upper one. Lower pipe looks like it splits and goes into 2 pumps.. - just my eyes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone let me know if the NTC thermostats are on the correct way around?? I did have problems with the return pipe heating up before the flow so I'm thinking the last plumber may have swapped them around somehow. Havin now reconfigure the central heating i've plumbed in all the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate) Also the flow temperature keeps going up above the set point and when it reaches +5°C above the set point, the boiler shuts down (even before the room...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again before firing and running. Occasionally shows the flame is lit on display but flow temp doesn’t go much past 26. Then if you turn off and try again...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock