Search the forum,

Discuss flow & return temps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lawsthedoors

Hello,I have a checked the flow & return temps on the CH pipes, but getting very little difference flow is 23 return is 20.Is this correct ? the rads seem to get hot at the same time so system balanced ok?.Any advise plse .

try the central heating forum, this place is for requesting engineers in your area.

Please check which forum you are posting in..moved to correct forum.

Hi lawsthedoors ... 23 and 20 ...? Is that degrees Centigrade respectfully? If so I think your boiler is turned off or cooling down. I'd be expecting much higher temperature readings, nearer 70-80 DegC, flow and return and ideally somewhere between 11 and 20 degC difference :)

Hi lawsthedoors ... 23 and 20 ...? Is that degrees Centigrade respectfully? If so I think your boiler is turned off or cooling down. I'd be expecting much higher temperature readings, nearer 70-80 DegC, flow and return and ideally somewhere between 11 and 20 degC difference :)

Agree

Are you using a infrared thermometer If you are. They dont work on copper. Put some black insulation over the pipe and then read the temp of the tape

I would have said that's Centigrade or they living in a fridge if its Fahrenheit

Hello,I have a checked the flow & return temps on the CH pipes, but getting very little difference flow is 23 return is 20.Is this correct ? the rads seem to get hot at the same time so system balanced ok?.Any advise plse .
Just because all rads are heating at same time does not mean the the system is balanced. Balancing is a slow laborious process that with the aid of a differential thermometer will allow you to open/restrict flow to the individual rad to give an approx difference of 10°C.

Just because all rads are heating at same time does not mean the the system is balanced. Balancing is a slow laborious process that with the aid of a differential thermometer will allow you to open/restrict flow to the individual rad to give an approx difference of 10°C.

20 if it's a condensing boiler

I thought to ballance the difference was when you got OUCH one side and OUCHTYAFUCHIA the other ....... That's what i was taught when I was a lad :)

Cracking one, Diamondgas!!

Lawsthedoors - just checking the basics first: - and my remark on the previous line is not aimed at you at all!!

Presumably all radiators are bled, the system's showing the correct pressure (if it's a sealed system) and the pump's bled?
Also, is the pump working properly?

These things, as you probably know, need to be done before balancing.

I would imagine that the original values given are the temp diff in degrees c

As in the flow is 20-23 degrees hotter than the return

Sounds about right for condensing boiler

Good to see there's some humour on here.If I want to balance the system do I close all the rads then start with the nearest until I get reqd temp difference ?.Thanks for any advise.

Good to see there's some humour on here.If I want to balance the system do I close all the rads then start with the nearest until I get reqd temp difference ?.Thanks for any advise.
other way round all rads open mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flow & return temps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring. But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone let me know if the NTC thermostats are on the correct way around?? I did have problems with the return pipe heating up before the flow so I'm thinking the last plumber may have swapped them around somehow. Havin now reconfigure the central heating i've plumbed in all the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock