Discuss Flomasta bottom entry fill valve with 5mm thick Poly Cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Flomasta fill valve bottom entry with brass shank, v 1.1

Looks great but the instructions say the cistern thickness at the bottom mounting point must be min 8.5mm. Just a diagram - doesn't say why.

My cistern is a concealed one made of polythene or something like it, and is only 5mm thick.

Will be it be OK, do you think? What's the reason it says this and what is the nature of the risk if I fit it anyway? Might it leak? Seems unlikely.

Can anyone advise?

Reply to Flomasta bottom entry fill valve with 5mm thick Poly Cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi all. I'm having issues with the Flomasta bottom-entry fill valve in a toilet; the 'float' comes up but doesn't have any effect, it simply won't...
Replies
Views
Hi If anyone can give me any advise on how to stop a leak please ? I have just installed a new Fluidmaster 400 float valve bottom entry brass...
Replies
Views
I am doing a DIY job - fitting a new inlet valve - "Viva Skylo Bottom Entry Fill Valve Plastic Shank" 1/2 inch. The existing pipe to the...
Replies
Views
The inlet valve bottom entry to toilet cistern developed a drip that flowed under toilet and dampened grout on tiles. Initially I could not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I fitted a Fluidmaster 1/2" bottom entry fill valve in a toilet about 4 years ago, and it's all been problem-free until last week, when...
Replies
Views
Back