Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flexible shower hose connected to elbow and fixed shower arm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sedm1854

Hi,

Our bath has a shower handset on flexible hose coming off mixer taps. What we want to do is to have a fixed shower arm and shower head coming from the wall higher up but in between is window and the flexi hose comes out of the bottom of the taps. What we want is to just have a 90 degree elbow on the wall with the flexible hose going into the bottom and the fixed shower arm coming off the horizontal.

We're having difficulty finding the elbow but it must be possible to buy this - advice welcome. The elbow has to look nice (chrome preferably), needs to accept flexi hose at bottom (so male thread of correct size) and shower arm on horizontal (so female thread of correct size).

Thanks,
sedm1854

Well you require is a standard victorian fixed shower head mixer with external shower head 1/2"(15mm)feed pipe,if you have a window above taps,fit it on side wall of bath,this works well as when you a in the shower width in more important than depth and while taking a shower you will be stood in bath side ways,giving you more arm room
you fit fixed chrome fed pipe and fixed shower head to wall then get 15mm chrome coupling to fit on end ,remove nut from other end and fit flexible chrome shower hose to it and the other to bath tap,to stop hose dangling in bath ,fit though some chrome 15mm saddle cilp fixed to wall between taps and tap,have done a few times,looks quite acceptable,make sure shower hose not stretched,looping nice from tap to wall

some thing like this,you would have to check pipe size as some 20mm,I do not know seller,just example,again chrome saddle clips can be used to support riser pipe as well,as usually fix into a shower mixer

TRADITIONAL RIGID RISER KIT WITH 6" SHOWER ROSE on eBay (end time 05-Apr-10 10:40:03 BST)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I know what you are after. I would make this using 15mm chrome pipe & fittings. Use a chrome elbowed 15mm x 1/2" BSP male iron fitting. If you can't get one use a chrome compression elbow and a straight 15 x 1/2" male iron which are readily available.

Sorry re read you will need a 15 X 1/2 " WALL PLATE ELBOW but will have to file down the compression side as it is designed to take a nut and olive but will work. You would be better with the victoian as suggested though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexible shower hose connected to elbow and fixed shower arm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock