Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting Shower Wall Elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I have got a Roper Rhodes shower elbow - SVACS08 and wondering the best way of fitting it.
There is a male thread on the back which I assume can screw onto a elbow wall plate but no fixings on the plate itself so what keeps it tight to the tiles?
If it is just the the tension between the plate and the elbow how can you make sure the elbow is tight and pointing the right way and wound far enough into the wall plate?
Pipework is on a dot and dab wall so no access behind.
Not tiled yet but just wondering if they are a nightmare

Thanks

Any chance of a few pics as I don't know that shower ?

Its this one.
Not at home at the moment so cannot take a pic of the back but its just a solid male thread that fits in a 1/2" wall elbow plate.

98001.jpg

Yes normally a 1/2 backplate elbow behind fixed to the wall

then you measured from inside the elbow (threads) and minus a few mm for it to tighten into to the finished tile (if you have to cut the brass tail)

But your correct no fixings just screwed into the backplate elbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting Shower Wall Elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have to be install a shower elbow, I like the look of this one, but I think the maximum thread length I should screw in is around 40mm (as I'm not sure exactly how many turns it will be towards the end to get it aligned and snug) is it acceptable to cut down an elbow that has a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have installed my concealed shower valve and fitted wall panels, I'm soon ready to put shower fittings through the panels and screw them into the wall plate elbows. My question is what shall I use to seal the threads in the most effective way? I have Loctite thread locker as the thread...
Replies
Views
We had a plumber come to fit our concealed shower. He plumbed it in, then we fit the plasterboard and tiles. However he soon realised that he had set the shower valve body too far back into the wall so that he physically could not fit the valve handles onto the spindles because they do not...
Replies
Views
A
I have a mixer shower with standard 15cm inlet pipe spacing designed to accept vertical (downward) inlet pipes. The plumbing from my wall has two inlet pipes at the right (15cm) spacing, but they emerge straight out from the wall horizontally instead of descending vertically. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock