Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fitting a gas Hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zedhed

Hi All,

I know fitting a gas hob by a DIYer has been done to death, hence I'll get a gas safe person in.
I'm having quartz tops which means I either have to wait until the tops have been templated and then made.
I'm fitting the rest of the kitchen units so this will be at least a couple of weeks away. Or I get the hob (there's no oven below it) fitted into the temporary work top then do I have to get it uninstalled & fitted again when they come to template & then install the final tops?

Thanks for any advice :vanish:

welcome to the forum.
let me summarise and rephrase your question.

can a gas appliance that is only in place for a short time (2 weeks) be fitted in any less of a way than if it is permanent?

NO!

Hi zedhed welcome to the forum.

You have the perfect excuse for a takeaway! As Simon says its a big no no I'm afraid.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So I'll have to have it fitted initially to my temporary worktop.
Then have the gas safe fitter round again to remove it whilst the worktop people template up?
Then have the gas safe fitter round again to re-fit it whilst the worktops are being made?
Then have the gas safe fitter round again to re-fit it for the final time?

I'm not trying to short cut or do a cheap temp install as that could easily fail a day or a week later. I just wanted to know if that was the correct way.

So it's looking like 3 visits from the engineer.

Last edited by a moderator:
THere are companies that have all these trades under one roof - but the way this job has gone my friends above are absolutely correct
Thanks for the quick reply.

So I'll have to have it fitted initially to my temporary worktop.
Then have the gas safe fitter round again to remove it whilst the worktop people template up?
Then have the gas safe fitter round again to re-fit it whilst the worktops are being made?
Then have the gas safe fitter round again to re-fit it for the final time?

Where about a are you based, I'm sure someone on here will be more than willing to help out.

Hi Meady,

I'm near Cottingham just outside Hull in East Yorkshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting a gas Hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m changing my kitchen and swapping from a gas hob to an electric induction hob. Rest assured, I have no intention of doing any work at all...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just after some advice please. I have a small outdoor gas pizza oven with the below connector. I also have the below connector (and...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock