Discuss firebird enviromax combi lock out in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Dave,
I don,t think it will cause it to use more fuel, its probably just the spray pattern that's different although I suppose its best to keep to Firebirds recommended nozzle.

John.

Have a read of this Dave, or anyone else,you may find it interesting, I'm the one with the 16/17/year old Firebird that has never tripped on combustion failure in all this time, what a burner, a Riello G5X.

Thought I was PMing you!!.

Edit: I've removed this link and PMd you as I don't think its allowed on here.

Last edited:
Have a read of this Dave, or anyone else,you may find it interesting, I'm the one with the 16/17/year old Firebird that has never tripped on combustion failure in all this time, what a burner, a Riello G5X.

Thought I was PMing you!!.

Edit: I've removed this link and PMd you as I don't think its allowed on here.
lots of information there đź‘Ť
especially regarding nozzles and pump pressure settings. from what I could see regarding the older boilers an average of 85% efficiency is pretty much as good as it gets?

lots of information there đź‘Ť
especially regarding nozzles and pump pressure settings. from what I could see regarding the older boilers an average of 85% efficiency is pretty much as good as it gets?
Yes, that about the size of it, my 17 year old 20kw SE Firebird still runs with the same flue gas temperature as when new of 230/250C, gives around 83% efficiency, condensing loss of ~6% (for oil) + 11% flue gas loss).

Reply to firebird enviromax combi lock out in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back