Discuss Fire in open fireplace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Has anyone come across anyvgas fires situated in open fireplaces (not sat in a builders opening).
The fire was sat in an old victorian fire place which was in effect and open chimney, I have ID'd it for various reasons, but have never come across such a fire setting. Just wondered if anyone else had seen this?

The gas valve and burner were shagged, so were the coals. It was also not lighting safely. It was goosed, not cone across one in an open chimney/fire place before though.

The gas valve and burner were shagged, so were the coals. It was also not lighting safely. It was goosed, not cone across one in an open chimney/fire place before though.

Didn't you cover DFE's in your ACS assessments?

I see them all the time. Easiest things to work on in the game. Just remember to check for ventilation as most of them require a vent.

I love the sarky comments on here, I did do dfe's whilst training thanks. This particular fire was in a situation I had not encountered before, not got pics no. If the fire was in working condition I woukd have tested it and seen how it operated but it was shagged.

Was only enquiring as to whether anyone had come across anything similar as with all the fires I have done I have always come across ones in builders openings etc and not in an open chimney/fireplace.

Theres nothing wrong with asking if your not sure! No matter how daft the question or wether you've covered it in your acs, people forget or come across a situation they've not seen before. The dangerous people are the 1's who second guess and try to save face.

Well said Reltub.

Have you got an details of the fire at all? I'm interested as to what it was and how it was fitted tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fire in open fireplace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock