Discuss few questions from few recent jobs.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
1. fitting an outside tap to the backplate. is there a clever method for screwing it in and it ending up the right way when just tight enough other than trial and error and mucking about for about 10 minutes?

2. I fitted a mutlikwik flush-valve to a low-level WC and it wouldn't shut off properly. Fitted a Fluidmaster and it worked fine. Anyone else had trouble with these or was it just a dud?

3. fitted new basin taps for an old dear. next time i went back to look at something else she says her push-on tap shower hose kit fitting doesn't form a seal on these new taps because they're slimmer. Had a look and they don't seem to sell them with different size hose ends. Any suggestions? Apart from bung on some slightly tight jubilee clips. But they'd prob fall off before long.

1. Make a shoulder with the ptfe
2. The macalpine flush valves are shyte...avoid
3. Sell her a shower mixer or better/safer for her, a thermostatic shower

1. use loctite 55, you can tighten it in the back off if required

1. 15 to 16 turns of ptfe is usually just about right.
2. Could be a dud
3. Try a new one as the rubber may just have lost it elasticity.

Tamz, what do you mean by make a shoulder with the ptfe?
just put plenty of ptfe tape on......it doesn't have to be screwed all the way in for the joint to be water tight...just get it as close as you can to how you want it and it should be fine.

Like this here
bib tap.JPG.

You used to be able to make a hemp washer (if you had patience) but it is now an illegal substance on potable water :D
Even the boss white has went green :eek:

Attachments

• bib tap.JPG
    bib tap.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to few questions from few recent jobs.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock