Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ferroli Modena in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys?

looking at this boiler for my mate.

no heating or hot water, light comes on with demand, pump runs with heating, but no fan. Checked thermistors and they were ok so checked fan a bit more, 0v between l and n to fan, 240v between l and e to fan, 240v between n and e. i think some of these ferroli boilers have a switched neutral to the fan. Would you say this is a pcb fault? Polarity and electrical checks all good.

Is this a variable speed fan? Check pins on PCB just incase it's harness. Not sure bout n to e 240. Could be fan motor is pooped.

Nah single speed fan.

It's strange because it's intermittent, so can't imagine the coil is buggered. Think I'll speak to ferroli tech tomorrow. Checked voltage from pcb, still the same.

Ye fan spins freely when it's not working. Didn't check resistance across fan coil.

Strange how it's an intermittent fault though.

Just an update guys:

Traced fault to the aps - sticking after in closed circuit when the fan goes off. PCB checks aps before it switches the neutral to the fan, job done, luckily didn't order PCB !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Modena in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
Ferroli 32c he (combi) So after having a 2 week holiday, we have come home to no hot water. It just cycles on off every second. Heating working...
Replies
Views
D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock