Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Modena 80e DHW problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

audistorm

Good evening folks, We have a Ferroli Modena 80e boiler in our house and I am looking for some advice and also a good ferroli engineer local to Birmingham. We have been in the house for 5 years and initially we would get a reasonable supply of DHW, the CH works absolutely fine by the way, The DHW in the summer is ok (when the CH is off) but to fill the bath you need to run the hot tap on very slow demand to allow the boiler to heat the water to a hot temperature. In the winter to run the bath to obtain hot water and not luke warm you have to run the hot tap slowly or if you have a shower you need to run the cold tap in the nearby sink to reduce the flow again to obtain a hot temperature, the shower is a thermostatic shower. I have had some engineers out in the past (BG and a ferroli engineer recommended by the BG man) but they just changed the two thermistor sensors , this hasn't fixed this fault. We have just put up with it over the last two years as it only really is affected in the winter with the colder input water supply but the cost of gas is forcing me to get this problem fixed. I think it may be one of two problems, one the DHW heat exchanger is not working efficiently (Bham being a hard water area I wonder if it is full of scale, or could it be the DHW flow valve sensor valve. I would love to replace the boiler but cannot afford to do that hence I would love to find an engineer who is good with these boilers, I know these are old boilers and hence limited to technical expertise. Please share any help or advice please. Hot water pressure is not as strong as the cold fdor obvious reasons but it is quite good, just luke warm even with the hot water burner control on full.

It's a shame that no one has replied to my post.

i am looking for an engineer to come and fix our boiler, it's just that I didn't want to either waste your time or mine if you were not experienced with them. I know from experience that not every one likes to work on these.

if I can't find an engineer we may look to save up and change the boiler out for a new one, rather than waste money on this boiler, in which case I will need an engineer to change the boiler., live in Sutton Coldfield.

i think I may have given the impression that I was just after the fix to sort myself. Sorry if that was the case.

Could you recommend a replacement for our Modena, something with a similar output, but more efficient please

You have a large choice as far as boilers are concerned, all will be about the same efficiency wise, asking on here you will get several answers as we all have our opinions on what is the best boiler, look at length of warranty and what the back-up is like for the boiler of your choice , Due to the cost & availability of parts for you excising boiler have you considered calling Ferroli out on a fixed price repair, sometimes this is he best solution .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Modena 80e DHW problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock