Discuss Fernox jointing compound for potable water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, i would really like some advice. Do you guys use PTFE tape to make your brass connections to a cylinder? Or is there a jointing compound that can be used?

I filled up a horizontal cylinder today just before finishing off for the day and then get a weep on the cold feed. So had to drain down and leave until am back there on wednesday.

I never get this problem with hawk white while working on iron barrel.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Lee

Hi i use PTFE tape on my cylinder connections. just wrap it round a load of times. i know a guy who says he only uses boss white.

Whatever you find works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox jointing compound for potable water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to...
Replies
Views
Hi This is my first post as a homeowner/DIYer Hopefully the title explains my question ; I want to replace the washer on an Essex flange as the...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance. I was performing a test of a new manifold today, using mains water pressure to the 22mm flow pipe and back through the...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock