Search the forum,

Discuss Feed and Expansion float valve still leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbolland

I've an open vented heating system with a red polytank for F & E. It was leaking at the overflow last month, and I thought it easiest just to replace the float valve (a Pegler Prestex float valve part 2 from Screwfix). Everything was OK for a few days, then it started a steady drip drip every 5 secs or so. I adjusted the ball float down to the end of the right angle lever arm and again all OK for few days. Now the drip drip is back. Should I bend the arm for increased closing force, or could the mains pressure be too high? A PRV is quite expensive!

Is the drip definitely from the ballvalve. If yes make sure nut that forms part of the ballvalve (the one you have to open to get to the orifice /washer) is tight to the rest of the ballvalve. Give the arm of it a little bend by putting 2 pairs of upside down stilsons on it.

The diaphragm washer could have a bit of muck between it and the high pressure seating.

Turn off the water to f&e tank and see if it continues to overflow you may have yourself a split coil on your hot water cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Feed and Expansion float valve still leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have a boiler which is approx ten years old. A few months ago we had the expansion vessel replaced by a BG plan but noticed that there was a slight pressure drop since they fitted it. The copper pipe outside had an odd drip here and there. On top of that I had to have a valve on one of the...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is at 1.5 - 2 bar, but the expansion vessel has no air in it, and it's leaking water. No water is coming out of the Schrader valve either. The system...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Recently all the water tanks in the attic were disconnected to connect to the mains water supply (mine was already on mains but the other 5 flats in the building needed to be connected to mains water) and the company were also going to fit PRV's and isolation valves to the pipework...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached one of the photos when I found out the cistern overflowing above the overflow pipe) and one other pipe that has a small drops coming out of it that is...
Replies
Views
Hi all Totally new to this forum and hoping for some guidance. Two weeks ago we noticed a brown stain on our kitchen ceiling. Above it is the bathroom and airing cupboard where our hot water tank is. We have a closed system. The pressure had dropped on our boiler and so we topped it up (have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock