Discuss fast track gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Budd

hi i currently have my 6089 level 2 have many of you gone on to do a fast track gas course instead of doing the level 3 6089 any diffrences obviously the level 3 being more in depth on heating installs. as i am over 19 now i have to pay would love to hear opinions.

hi i currently have my 6089 level 2 have many of you gone on to do a fast track gas course instead of doing the level 3 6089 any diffrences obviously the level 3 being more in depth on heating installs. as i am over 19 now i have to pay would love to hear opinions.

the 6089 is a plumbing qual not a gas qual, there is a gas option if this is what you mean. the difference is the 6089 will give you a plumbing qual and build in the gas, fast track gas will probably not be fast for a start and is not a qualification as such. the acs only lasts 5 years, after then you have nothing if you dont do it again. the 6089 is for life

i dont think you can do the 6089 youd have to be employed and do the 6189

Thanks fuzzy yes that's what I meant i have my 6089 level2 been plumbing for 5 years but where I'm over 19 I have to pay would like to do my 6189 level 3 with with acs ad on but can't afford 6189 lvl3 but could afford to do my acs on it's own. If you do the 6189 level 3 with acs do u still have to renew every 5 years?

Thanks fuzzy yes that's what I meant i have my 6089 level2 been plumbing for 5 years but where I'm over 19 I have to pay would like to do my 6189 level 3 with with acs ad on but can't afford 6189 lvl3 but could afford to do my acs on it's own. If you do the 6189 level 3 with acs do u still have to renew every 5 years?

everyone has to do the acs every 5 years

if you did the 6189 you would still have the qual, but need to update the acs bit as everyone else

if its a financila decision then fine otherwise always choose the full option ie, the 6189

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fast track gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am looking for an honest opinion please, with my current employment I get a lot of time off, I am considering completing a gas safe...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Back