Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss fast track gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Budd

hi i currently have my 6089 level 2 have many of you gone on to do a fast track gas course instead of doing the level 3 6089 any diffrences obviously the level 3 being more in depth on heating installs. as i am over 19 now i have to pay would love to hear opinions.

hi i currently have my 6089 level 2 have many of you gone on to do a fast track gas course instead of doing the level 3 6089 any diffrences obviously the level 3 being more in depth on heating installs. as i am over 19 now i have to pay would love to hear opinions.

the 6089 is a plumbing qual not a gas qual, there is a gas option if this is what you mean. the difference is the 6089 will give you a plumbing qual and build in the gas, fast track gas will probably not be fast for a start and is not a qualification as such. the acs only lasts 5 years, after then you have nothing if you dont do it again. the 6089 is for life

i dont think you can do the 6089 youd have to be employed and do the 6189

Thanks fuzzy yes that's what I meant i have my 6089 level2 been plumbing for 5 years but where I'm over 19 I have to pay would like to do my 6189 level 3 with with acs ad on but can't afford 6189 lvl3 but could afford to do my acs on it's own. If you do the 6189 level 3 with acs do u still have to renew every 5 years?

Thanks fuzzy yes that's what I meant i have my 6089 level2 been plumbing for 5 years but where I'm over 19 I have to pay would like to do my 6189 level 3 with with acs ad on but can't afford 6189 lvl3 but could afford to do my acs on it's own. If you do the 6189 level 3 with acs do u still have to renew every 5 years?

everyone has to do the acs every 5 years

if you did the 6189 you would still have the qual, but need to update the acs bit as everyone else

if its a financila decision then fine otherwise always choose the full option ie, the 6189

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fast track gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock