Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fast Track Experience? Does it work? Advice needed please!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike P

Hello All,

I'm 26 years old and currently thinking about doing a 'fast track' course, in particular Trade Qualified Ltd(any feedback??). Reading through all the threads, there is lots of debate on these type of courses. I dont really want to get in to that debate, but what I will say is that im planning on going self-employed and starting slowly, only taking on jobs that I know i can do and delivering those to a high standard. My questions are, for those of you that have done these courses and gone self employed;

1)What has the experience been like?
2)Has your course given what you need?
3)How long has it taken to get a business going?
4)What are the main challenges?

In a nut shell, do fast tracks work? As I said, there is so much debate out there, therefore please dont use this thread to shoot fast track courses down or the people who have used them. I just would like to hear the success stories (or struggling stories) out there. Thanks very much all who reply. Making a decision like this is pretty huge and to hear from people that have gone through the experience would be a real help!

hi mike & welcome to the forum,
can't help you with the "running your own business" part of your question but i am doing my training through tradequalified at southampton. i have completed my first home study package and booked my first week at the centre for the begining of sept, i could have been there in june or july but i also work full time so had to do a bit of juggeling to get it fitted in.
the main reason i chose tradequalified was that i can work around my full time job at my own pace and you are getting quite a lot of qualifications for your money. i am also thinking of getting the solar option added to my package but need to check a few things out first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,
i did my intensive course at The Plumbing Academy in kent and have my own buisiness and really enjoying it. Yes an intensive course can work if know exactly what you need to do and how to plan the business. i am now gas safe registered and that has taken me around a year from starting the first course. When I was looking around for a training provider in the south east i took my time and visited everyone of them and i was really pleased i selected The Plumbing Academy. It worked for me! Oh, if you are looking at course make sure you don't stop at the City & guilds 6129 Level 2 as you will be limited in what you can do Level 3 also known as the professional domestic plumber with Gas is what you need to get to ensure you can tackle all if not most domestic work!
Good luck!

Hi Mike,

I am doing to train 4 trade skills course and so far it has been an eye opener and a good learning experiance.

My advice would be have a good look at all the courses and pick on that suits your needs best, ie time, money. Also you gotta like plumbing theres no point paying a lot of money for these courses and not like the work.

Good luck in what you chose hope it works out

Hi John,

I have just enrolled with train 4 trade skills very recently.

How have you found the course ?

I have read that it is quite difficult to get hold of your tutors by phone etc ?Is this true ?

cheers and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fast Track Experience? Does it work? Advice needed please!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock