Discuss fan comes on and off at its own will in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephen@nic

hi its a vaillant combi its b
about 7 years old the fan comes of and on for no reason it stays on for about 10 to 20 sec then gose of for about 20 sec then the same again. but the fan works fine when it is needed to work dose any one know wot this might be

lol thanks for the help. this it not normal i have never come across this before for a boiler on sand by for the fan to come on for no reason. or is it normal? its just the boiler has only been doing it for a few weeks.

he is not ,Stephen you are not listening mate ! he is looking for gas engineer to do his port folio with but he is repairing boilers already

I am not touching the gas supply or opening the gas chamber and it is also in my own home. So I do not need to be gas safe to do this job unless they have changed the regs.

I am not touching the gas supply or opening the gas chamber and it is also in my own home. So I do not need to be gas safe to do this job unless they have changed the regs.

not again .... you defiantly not helping your self here...no wonder you can not fined any gas engineer to work with :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:):)

You don't need your own personal GS registration to work in your own home. But SGI is right in what he is saying, although you don't need registration you do need to be qualified and if your not then you are breaking the law. You could be putting yourself at risk and could end up doing more damage than good.

If you went off what your saying than you wouldn't need gas engineers as everyone would just be doing their own boiler and fires etc and fixing them themselves.

I hear wit you are saying and I agree with you and I don't play with gas or boilers but I was under the impression that as a qualified plumber and as long as I go by the mi changing the fan or fan. Proving sencer it would be ok but thanks for the advice

the fan takes away the products of combustion, so you need to be qualified to work on it as it is gas related

anything gas related you need to be competent to work in your own home i.e have ACS but no GSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fan comes on and off at its own will in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone, I've got an old biasi M90E28S boiler. A year ago the fan broke down, once I replaced it boiler started working again. This time the...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock