Search the forum,

Discuss Odd Vitodens 200W Combi symptoms, fan spins up 100%, even in standby in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated.

Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to ignite but doesn't seem to succeed. No flame icon appears.
After 15 s to about 30 s all stops again. It may be quiet for up to 30 minutes and then it tries again. Had it happen three times in very short succession today.
This is in DHW mode or even in Standby, which is most odd.
Other symptoms can be (potentially when the fault develops) that the hot water may abruptly stop and will then not come back on. (Fun when showering.) All sensors measure OK, as expected. Flow switch OK. Thermal protection switch OK. No visible faults, leaks, water pressure good, burner looks fine and was just cleaned, seals OK, electrodes adjusted.
It normally comes to its senses again when it is turned off from mains for a while and is then switched on again. It may then run normally for a day and then the symptoms start again. Burner will then ignite normally and hold the flame when all is good, fan also spins down to heat up the boiler water.
Something triggers the fan and I can't think of what it might be and why it would happen in standby as well. Normally it was always quiet in standby.

Any ideas appreciated!
Mike

Reply to Odd Vitodens 200W Combi symptoms, fan spins up 100%, even in standby in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My combi-boiler has just given up heating the house and basically only delivers hot water. While in central heating mode it heats up and stops to prevent overheating of the internal section of system. No fault or error code are displayed. Suspicion: 3-way changeover valve assy. So I...
Replies
Views
Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water and central heating. When it operates it takes anything from one to several attempts to light and when it takes too many the lockout circuit is...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per the thread title, I have an Ideal Logic Combi 30 and I am having a problem with the pump, which keeps activating without any DHW/DCH. When the pump activates, it runs for exactly 4 minutes each time and this can happen as frequently as something like 5 times an hour or as...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code indicating pressure was below minimum. We resolved ourselves by using the manual and topping up per the guide. Sometime later, in some really cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock