Discuss failed boiler pump and chemical cleansing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amateur1

I am not a plumber, and I really need some advice. I have Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i junior which is only 2 years old, yet its pump already failed. A Worcester engineer who fixed it (the boiler is still under the guarantee) said it was due to the dirty water, and indeed the pump was absolutely black. He recommended chemical cleansing (to put chemicals for a week). The boiler was installed to an old (c 15 years) heating system which was chemically cleansed on the installation. There is a Magnaclean filter which was cleaned during the service, and the plumber (same who installed the boiler) said it was not very dirty. And then only two months after the service the pump failed. I booked chemical cleansing with the installer. He could not come himself so sent someone else from his company. This plumber due to miscommunication with his boss left the chemicals only for 2 hours with the boiler at full power and then drained the system. He said that the water was not dirty, and he did not know why the pump had failed.
I have two questions:
1) could it be another reason for failed pump apart from dirty water?
2) how effective is 2-hour cleansing as compared to a week-long one? Do I need to book now another one?

I really appreciate your help, since I am totally confused. Although the boiler is under the guarantee, I still prefer it not to fail (and not to be left without heating and hot water).

Many thanks.

was the system totally purged of chemical cleaner .these cleaners cxan damage system if not fully drained from system

It happens, components fail. Who can predict that a pump will fail, even new components straight out of the box fail occasionally.

Hopefully plenty of inhibitor went back in after the cleaner was removed.

if the system is dirty you can get it clean around the boiler and pipes and have clean water out of the system but if all the radiators weren't done individually then theres a good chance its still dirty

X800 stops working after 1 day in the system as the sentinel rep told me, so a two hour hot flush would normally be fine

Thanks to everyone who replied. The system was drained and I am told that the inhibitor was added. So my understanding is there isn't much else I can do.
Thanks once again for re-assurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to failed boiler pump and chemical cleansing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock