Discuss Facebook and social media advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Wow, some really good opinions here, I am under the belief (as someone else mentioned) that word of mouth is dieing. With the likes of aldi and pound stretcher making people more wary of every penny they spend and with all he money saving shows, word of mouth is dieing and the whole 3 quotes is winning. I regularly have people say "my usual plumber......" he cant be their usual plumber if they are calling me? Plus as mentioned before everyone wants everything today! I have a customer who had an extension, the kitchen isn't ready to move into, the worktop, electrics and tiles aren't even in but she wants the old kitchen removed! Another good point is the price war, seen a few people post for outside tap and actual plumbers quoting £40 including parts! Absolutely no point in doing the work for that!
Finally I have noticed a lot of people posting the whole job including parts shouldn't cost more then £50, otherwise you are being ripped off! Not only well under pricing things but also putting cowboy on the customers mind. All that being said though! Surely there are sensible people out there, plus does it form part of the research from the customer, when they research who they will use, do they check out the work on facebook? Do they check facebook and website and other places to make sure that the business is genuine and not a pop up shop?

The bottom of the tank is infested with cash monkeys .. best avoided.
The official term is the 'churn' business starting undercutting established outfits for a short time and packing in within year cause they are making no lolly. Then being replaced by another under cutting new outfit...often the work is poor and any guarantee void. Maybe its time ALL plumbing outfits should be registered etc.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

This is quite interesting. I ammpossibly about to set up a Facebook business page as customers keep telling me that I should have one.
Wow, that is crazy, who are your customers? Estate agents or public? I have just asked a load of customers for reviews on facebook and 50% said they dont even have facebook

I'm the same I deleted mine as I was fed up with reading about peoples perfect lives and then 2 seconds later the same person putting I'm so fed up. Or people moaning about Brexit and how the country is going to collapse afterwards. Or I need jewels for this game or corn for that game. Over the last 2 weeks I unfollowed about 20 people then just went duck it I'm just going to come off it.

I know so many other people that are also doing the same. Now I've gone old school and if I want to speak to someone I message them or heaven forbid I phone them. I have kept messenger though so I can still send photos for free.

I'm the same I deleted mine as I was fed up with reading about peoples perfect lives and then 2 seconds later the same person putting I'm so fed up. Or people moaning about Brexit and how the country is going to collapse afterwards. Or I need jewels for this game or corn for that game. Over the last 2 weeks I unfollowed about 20 people then just went duck it I'm just going to come off it.

I know so many other people that are also doing the same. Now I've gone old school and if I want to speak to someone I message them or heaven forbid I phone them. I have kept messenger though so I can still send photos for free.
I find twitter the worst for perfection, everyone is an amazing plumber with shiny pipes and invisible solder.

I find twitter the worst for perfection, everyone is an amazing plumber with shiny pipes and invisible solder.

Never been on Twitter. But Facebook was like that they pipe it up take a photo then solder it all and expect everybody to think their soldering is amazing where as everybody knows the truth. I couldn't stand the facebook gas sites.

1 of them a person took a photo of everything he took in for a boiler service. The kitchen had more tools in it than when I do an install. Must take them half hour to take everything in. It's all bull just to try and say that I'm better than you I can charge more than you because this is what I do that you dont!

Reply to Facebook and social media advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock