Discuss Facebook and social media advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

yes the COGS is 1-2k for this, the client charges 6/7k for bathroom supply and installation.

Maybe 2k labour but materials and other items come out of the pot aswell

I’m sorry but that figure is rubbish

Maybe 2k labour but materials and other items come out of the pot aswell

I’m sorry but that figure is rubbish

He's not including labour because he's doing it himself. Even if he wasn't and everything was outsourced and he was just the business owner paying for advertising, and the cost of good sold and labour came to £4k, it would still be £2/3k profit.

How many times would you spend less than £60? or even £100/£200/£300 if you could get £2/3k back each time?

Anyway, the point of this comment was just to let you's know that Facebook advertising can work for your business if used correctly. Just like any other marketing methods you may see, they're all a source to gain more customers.

He's not including labour because he's doing it himself. Even if he wasn't and everything was outsourced and he was just the business owner paying for advertising, and the cost of good sold and labour came to £4k, it would still be £2/3k profit.

How many times would you spend less than £60? or even £100/£200/£300 if you could get £2/3k back each time?

Anyway, the point of this comment was just to let you's know that Facebook advertising can work for your business if used correctly. Just like any other marketing methods you may see, they're all a source to gain more customers.

So it’s still costing him as I very doubt he’s working for free if he is I’m sure a lot of people on here would want his number

And what about insurances, tools, Van, fuel, memberships, tax man etc

And wouldn’t as nothing’s that easy in this life pay £60 get 3k in cash

I run Facebook ads for businesses that want to get more customers.

Mainly for bathroom supply and installation businesses, but also for kitchens, extensions, and landscaping, it's the same method for all of them.

I thought so.

To me it is stupidly expensive but I dobt do top end bathrooms as I dobt do tiling and cant get reliable trades near me.

I just use local magazines and find them cost effective and do not break the bank.

Every business new and old needs to advertise in good times and bad. That might just mean sign written vans or flyers Or it might mean a huge TV/internet campaign depending on what the business is.

People buy brands they trust and people trust brands they recognise.

I’ve had success in the past with social media by directing people to a booking form on my website. The form asked a few questions, allowed the upload photos and gave some indication of price range for jobs. They then had an option to schedule a visit for a quote. This helps massively weed out those wanting a new heating system for £750.

The advantage of social media is it attracts younger people, if you can secure a 25-30 year old as a customer you have a chance of 40 years of work from them. If your adds mainly target retired people this will obviously be a lot less.

I found FB, Instagram etc a waste of time really just lots of time wasters looking for cheapest price possible.

Whereas I find good website and google presence much better. I get a lot of work from it but I always request a google review from customers.

I found FB, Instagram etc a waste of time really just lots of time wasters looking for cheapest price possible.

Whereas I find good website and google presence much better. I get a lot of work from it but I always request a google review from customers.
I think there is a distinct difference between selling and marketing.
Small outfits go out and sell directly. Large outfits will market as well, marketing alerts the potential customers who might buy.
centralheatking

Reply to Facebook and social media advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock