Discuss External Outside stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigger123

Who would be responsable for the external stop tap not working , it is located outside but within the customers boundary, not sure if its the home owner or the Waterboard? thanks

The customer is responsible for any thing within there boundary. If it is just a stopcock replacement it would not cost a lot to replace it. Or you could turn the water on and off at the water meter.If you can't do it your self You can get your local water board to turn it off in the same day it's about £50 ish . But if you give them a few days notice it would be free. Good luck.

If it's the water undertakings stop tap they are responsible for it wherever it is located.

If it is the water undertakings tap then of course it's there responsibility. but from what i read it was there tap not the water boards as they said stop tap not water meter tap or water boards tap.

If it is the water undertakings tap then of course it's there responsibility. but from what i read it was there tap not the water boards as they said stop tap not water meter tap or water boards tap.
probably just what they call it. most likely still water undertakers toby.

cheers guys ive now found out it is the home owners problem, as it is within his boundary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External Outside stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all Anyone experience of the following situation and can advise please before I contact the local water company? Commercial (retail)...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
HI, Closing the internal house Stopcock located under the sink eventually stops water flowing from the kitchen tap or washing machine hose when...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock