Search the forum,

Discuss expansion vessel cordless inflator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 44451

hi guys having recently struggled to top up the pressure in expansion vessels i am looking to get a cordless tool that should make the job a little easier.
finding a good one though seems a little more difficult, a little bit of research points me in the direction of the bosch pag 12volt but this apparently is a discontinued model.
i just want something with a bit of quality, theres a few about but the feedback is very poor.
so any advice would be greatly appreciated

foot pump/hand pump will easily do it

Yep a regin pressure vessel pump for 25 odd quid is much more reliable!

Iv got a hand pump just trying to make the job a little easier with a cordless tool

Iv got a hand pump just trying to make the job a little easier with a cordless tool

they dont take that much air :D one to three pumps should be more than enough

most of those pumps are the same but in diferent colours or 'brand' i spent some time researching these!
the key is the battery pack, if its ni-cad you can get them repaired easily. other batteries not so and you will struggle to find replacement.
i was supprise with the ease of the regin pump, 1-2 strokes and its done so glad i went with one!
think machinemart have got one on offer might be plumbcenter @ around £35

I have the Regin bought at CPS when it works its good, display is terrible, have to bang battery sometimes to make it work then you lose pressure setting took first one back second will probably be joining it soon.
Noticed on europarts site they had similar pump but cheaper and had normal non digital gauge. The battery pump idea is good as i find it much easier to use than a manual one especially if your in awkward position or cupboard and free up hand to concentrate on excess water discharge goes where you want it to i.e.. Not all over the floor/ worktop etc.
I would like to buy better quality one, Regin one coped well with pumping up all four tyres on mrs car which were under-inflated by average of 6psi each took a while but battery held out

I use a digital gauge as the gauge on mine is always well off loL!

Anyone changed expansion vessel on SD Thema classic f24e cant see how you would do that unless it came of wall, before its said there really is nowhere to put additional EV

I honestly don't see the point in spending the money on one when the regin pump is more than capable, and like people have said 2-3 pumps and it's done.

Having a cordless inflator isn't going to make it any easier in my eyes, it's like trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

I seen a pump that looked the same as the regin pump in discount Uk a few months. Think it was £5.99

getting cheaper, on offer..[DLMURL="http://www.clearance-center.co.uk/regin-regk01-digital-vessel-jet-64731.html"]Regin REGK01 Digital Vessel Jet | Tools & Accessories[/DLMURL] £39

Last edited by a moderator:
I rekon there is a real market for a good quality cordless charger, it seems to me that the ones that are out their arnt very good quality or that reliable from what I hear. I would rather pay a fair price for something that's good and reliable, the same as any other industry and not some of the crappy stuff that we as professional tradesmen are expected to use

I use the small Stanley compressor from screwfix. I've had the battery compressor and it was pants, probably because it was cheap. The foot pump type are just hard work, especially if it's a large vessel.

It could be done but they probably dont think its financially viable if they could make small enough they could get the cyclists market

sometimes there are situations when a cordless tool cant beat a decent hand pump, cordless ones are a waste of money omho, plus I have a rothenburger one in the garage, one carful owner, used 5 times best offer wins it

sometimes there are situations when a cordless tool cant beat a decent hand pump, cordless ones are a waste of money omho, plus I have a rothenburger one in the garage, one carful owner, used 5 times best offer wins it
£10......inc

A work colleague bought a set of rothenberger grips & it came with a free battery powered pump from plumbs years ago it didn't have enough guts to pump up a little rugby ball lol!!

I use the small Stanley compressor from screwfix. I've had the battery compressor and it was pants, probably because it was cheap. The foot pump type are just hard work, especially if it's a large vessel.
would be if your trying to raise the titanic! lol

get some muscle on you,hand pump works fine,ba.ttery powerd pumps indeed,its not a car tyre pfffttt

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the only one on here who has good reason for having a cordless, but cant stand the bloody things....

Are you draining the vessel first? Theres not a lot of graft required. I use a cheap Halfords foot pump, and a regin adapter for the auckward to get into ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to expansion vessel cordless inflator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock