Discuss EU IN/OUT You Voted Yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When Tony Blair took office, Slobodan Milošević was cleansing and raping the republics of the former Yugoslavia. Mullah Omar was lending Osama bin Laden the hinterland of a failed and rogue state. Charles Taylor of Liberia was leading a hand-lopping militia of enslaved children across the frontier of Sierra Leone, threatening a blood-diamond version of Rwanda in West Africa. And the wealth and people of Iraq were the abused private property of Saddam Hussein and his crime family. Today, all of these Caligula figures are at least out of power, and at the best either dead or on trial. How can anybody with a sense of history not grant Blair some portion of credit for this? And how can anybody with a tincture of moral sense go into a paroxysm and yell that it is he who is the war criminal? It is as if all the civilians murdered by al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Iraq and Afghanistan are to be charged to his account."

Christopher Hitchens writing in Vanity Fair 2011

He's not best. But he's not half as bad as everyone is making him out to be.

I can never trust him because of his past. I wish I could, because I do like someone who try's to stop the nonsense of what goes on in government and the waste of money on nuclear weapons, etc, etc. But I will always be suspicious of him.

"When Tony Blair took office, Slobodan Milošević was cleansing and raping the republics of the former Yugoslavia. Mullah Omar was lending Osama bin Laden the hinterland of a failed and rogue state. Charles Taylor of Liberia was leading a hand-lopping militia of enslaved children across the frontier of Sierra Leone, threatening a blood-diamond version of Rwanda in West Africa. And the wealth and people of Iraq were the abused private property of Saddam Hussein and his crime family. Today, all of these Caligula figures are at least out of power, and at the best either dead or on trial. How can anybody with a sense of history not grant Blair some portion of credit for this? And how can anybody with a tincture of moral sense go into a paroxysm and yell that it is he who is the war criminal? It is as if all the civilians murdered by al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Iraq and Afghanistan are to be charged to his account."

Truth is, if I had been Prime Minister I could never have made a perfect decision. It is a job I would not want to have.
I do think military intervention is inevitable sometimes, but Tony Blair lied us into a mess. He is a good actor.
Ridiculous he sent our soldiers with useless military vehicles and other equipment. We all knew at the time, but nothing was done about it.

If a man seeks power, he is not fit for it. The faultline lies in the role itself. As long as we are to be led we will be led by those unfit for the task. Might there be a time when populations unite and organise in the service of sympathy for others and solidarity and power systems are dismantled if they are unecessary/self-serving and the politicians are ousted and even the police hang up their hats and the world become a self-governing utopia of.... Nahhhhhhh

Most of that is plausible. I could add few things but i'm working in the morning.

I don't think Tony Blair is a war criminal. He was faced with some hard decisions and made some wrong ones (backed by parliament).
He is however guilty of having his head so far up Bush's rse he should have drowned in the **** and whatever part of Whitehall it is that deals with these things are guilty of not having a plan on what to do afterwards (if they did, someone threw the *** packet out the window).
Just as they "seemingly" have no exit plan for Brexit which imo may mean we never quite get there.
I remain the optimist :whatchutalkingabout

analyse this, worth watching until the end>>>>>>>>>>>>.
[[video=youtube_share;3xq-gWv91WM]https://youtu.be/3xq-gWv91WM[/video]

oh dear! starting to get wide eyed now..
anyone else studdied the Rothchilds dynasty?
they own half the worlds wealth at 1'5 trillion (inc;most of the gold in the bank of england), most of it through funding war and the long term plans of the E.U of ballancing the members out put to central state!
also have you wondered why the U.K has lost all of its industry? this matches the theories, gulp@~@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to EU IN/OUT You Voted Yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back