Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss EU IN/OUT You Voted Yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Missed my general elections vote as I worked from 6 to 11pm result of drilling through mains in concrete floor so was adamant to do some voting this time round!

Went over to cast my out vote, are you fussed enough to actually go? or maybe stuck at work with no end in sight like me that time

out

i went voted out ,
however can't help but think this is rigged anyway and the establishment will keep us in no matter what.

Ive just called in on my way home from work and voted

Fought my way the crowd, just myself. Nearly put the pencil through the paper.

I'm out.

You guys aware that the government can just carry on as we are? What I mean is that they don't have to follow the will of the people.

Just went back to our in / out poll and it is sad to see that only 18 members casted their vote.

Aye. The referendum result isnt legally binding. So why spend the money time and effort.

Just back from voting. I voted out.
If we are lucky to leave Europe, then E.U. will not exist anyhow I reckon. The lack of one major input will make the E.U. unworkable.
I think the remain vote will win sadly, largely due to fear

From polling customers it would seem the under 30`s want in sadly.

Out for me

Don't see why we need to affiliate with Europe, we're not USA

Hopefully we will show ambition and vote leave, can't see it happening though, it's probably rigged or result in American style re-vote

From polling customers it would seem the under 30`s want in sadly.

That's because they know no better. Under 30s have seen in their adult life the economy improving to some extent. They also know nothing else but Europe.
If they had been around for last 40 years they might think different.

That's because they know no better. Under 30s have seen in their adult life the economy improving to some extent. They also know nothing else but Europe.
If they had been around for last 40 years they might think different.

I`m with you on that Best.

Talk about on the fence , I have gone yes , no , yes , no for 2 months now
But , Sorry , I voted in and now nobody loves me anymore ( i went for the " better the devil you know " reason )still dont know if I should have gone out .

Been and gone it. In. There's a LOT wrong with Europe but the benefits still outweigh the drawbacks.

Didn't vote. I don't see the point of voting in a referendum that was actioned by a party I don't support! Also, unless I ever see some real facts, how can I make an educated decision?!?!

Also, most of the "outs" are the normal working class people (I consider myself in this), and a lot the "ins" are the people of higher standing. Almost seems like we are being fed an idea of a democratic decision whereas we are actually just playing into their hands.....

Or have I been reading too much Orwell.........

the referendum was initiated by the people that is why it has taken so long, the results of which will not make any immediate impact (apart from interest rates) because it is just an internal vote the act of leaving (if the out vote wins) will take many years, I for one am an IN for many reasons, the problems we have are nothing to do with European law makers, the law of the land are at fault, we could make prison fit the crime but we don't, the majority (over 95%) of crimes are committed by white brits, its just that the media can write about the stories that get the masses going, there are exceptions......there are more British scroungers than foreigners on the dole, we could not survive without migrant workers also I know many non brits that have come here and have had 2 or 3 cleaning jobs going to keep their heads above water all of them have a higher degree or masters or PHD! and do the meanial until they get/got the job in their field! their Brit born equivalent wouldn't bother, theyd just go and claim, Europe is a great place its just run by @ankers, THE euro is crap but we were never going there anyway, if we are in Europe and had the right politicians we could manage the continent better as it happens our political system is bankrupt, Boris for president, here endeth the sermon, probably should not have logged in after all of those Irish black stouts!

just tried to read that and by **** it hard work and probably doesn't make much sense

I managed to read it all and it did make sense. :smile:
You have got to admit to two major flaws with remaining, - anyone and everyone has the right to come from any part of Europe and we can't prevent that if we stay in.
Money going into Europe from uk is much more than we get in return.
And maybe I should include a third point, - Europe is in decline

I did right another sermon but thought better of it.

as I understand it we can but don't manage our borders, we could easily within Europe have a card system similar to Aus/USA...but we don't! we never signed up to the Shengen convention and kept our opt out, so as far as the EU treaties goes we could brick up the gates and remain in Europe

As for paying monies to EU yep agreed, but we pay more to non eu countries in foreign aid and loans

The real problem is that we do not have a political system that is fit for purpose there is no difference between the "parties" (always thought that terminology fitted what they appear to do) instead of harping on about history and acting like children being paid a salary and a daily rate! there should be representative government for the people by the people.

We are Out then. Noe the question is whether Cameron stays as prime minister given his titanic failure on the most essential topic his party cared about

its a majority vote for England but not Scotland and Ireland so looks like we are on our own

its a majority vote for England but not Scotland and Ireland so looks like we are on our own

Well they can stuff that as Scotland had a referendum about leaving us and breaking up the UK,we as England may have wanted them to stay.They can like and lump the result as we were omitted from their referendum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to EU IN/OUT You Voted Yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock