Discuss email from psl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some one tell me what this snake oil is please?

In short Tom it goes back to the olden days...... metaphorically speaking it is something that cannot be verified or proven, snake oil was sold as medicine with no verifiable or proven evidence that it did anything it claimed!

This talk of 'too much or too little' rings alarm bells for me. There's no way they'd fulfill their guarantee by way of a refund or anything because by the sounds of it you have to be extremely precise. How long before you're supposed to notice any savings on your gas bill? Do inhibitor manufacturers agree it's okay to mix it with their stuff?

Laboratory testing, a monitored field test and countless pieces of anecdotal information indicate that the addition of EndoTherm to water in a central heating system can result in a 10% to 12% per annum saving on energy costs.

No solid proof then?

Fine example of a snake oil merchant:

[video=youtube;ODatXgQua7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODatXgQua7g[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to email from psl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock