Search the forum,

Discuss Elson Coral E - No hot water from overnight immersion heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charlie_p

Hi,

I recently bought a 2 bed flat fitted with a Elson Coral E thermal store unit, and unfortunately it's not generating any hot water from the over night immersion heater. The water isn't as cold as the cold water tap, but it's also not anywhere near lukewarm let alone hot. Also worth noting, the pipe to the left of the blending valve isn't hot to the touch.

The additional boost immersion heater and manages to output some hot water before turning luke warm after a min or two. I've tried turning the blending vavle though this hasn't made a difference.

Can anyone recommend a company/individual that has exposure to this type of unit in the SW London area?

Many Thanks,
Charlie

Do not alter the blender untill the cylinder is that hot you cant touch the drain off cock after it has come off its off peak tariff. Is the bottom immersion powered of a switch ? Or a programmer ? Its probably just a faulty stat .

Guess its either timer/programmer or as said immersion heater thermostat

Check the overheat cut out on the bottom element (press the button).
Apart from that any half decent plumber should be able to sort you out. There is nothing complicated about fixing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Elson Coral E - No hot water from overnight immersion heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock