Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss eco tec plus 831 boiler wont turn heating on - controller is dead in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

E

Evelyn

I cannot turn my heating on. the CM921 controller is dead despite changing the batteries. can i turn the heating on via the boiler directly?

If you have a bdr91 receiver then you can override it, you can’t override it at the boiler without altering the wiring, but this can be done at the receiver if you don’t have an override.

Always worth double-checking that the 'new' batteries are good and they are in the correct orientation.

If the CM927 is really dead (as opposed to working but not displaying anything) the red light on the BDR91 will come on to indicate 'communications lost'. (This happens if it hasn't heard from the thermostat for more than 60 minutes.) In this state the BDR91 will switch into 'fail safe' mode which, unless the default settings have been changed, will have the boiler permanently off.

The manual override referred to by @ChrisB1982 is the push button on the BDR91. One press to switch between on and off. Will be overridden by any signal from the CM927.

Search for 'CM927' using the box at the top right of this page. There have been a couple of threads discussing replacement options for CM927 recently.

Reply to eco tec plus 831 boiler wont turn heating on - controller is dead in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock