Search the forum,

Discuss E133 on Main Combi 25 Eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutty_jah

Gas Engineer
So, I'm having an issue with this reoccurring E133 fault on this boiler installed only three months ago.

Initially it was locking out after four attempts of lighting with E133. Sometimes it would light but with explosive ignition.

Looked on previous posts for advice, and have checked the spark electrodes spacing, electrode wire continuity, inlet gas pressure (20mb) and gas valve adj, which were out.

Now the explosive ignition and initial failure to light have been resolved. But apparently now it locks out to E133 after half hour to hour of CH operation.

I have a feeling it's rectification issue, but would it register for a time then suddenly drop to lock out?

I'm back there tomorrow. Any pointers will be well appreciated. Thanks.

Check the meter regulater is ok but if it's 3 months old get them out for waranty, also check for loose or damaged cables

Last edited:
Test at the meter with the boiler at full rate and make sure you got a stable reading and it doesn't drop like a stone or bounce about

Thanks silentmike, lastly the screenshot of the following: is that the new flame sensing probe. Sure when I pulled this one out to set the spark gap, the flame sensing was a stubby steel probe.

Are there MI's handy as to the lock-out of E133
Three month old, sound like manufacturer tech issues
Is there a re-set. ??

Just a quick update on this. Went again today, pressure from the Meter fine with boiler running at max.

PCB giving our 230v to gas valve, yet valve working intermittently on initial ignition.

Called heat team and suggested change of gas valve, they will out tomorrow. Let's see what they put it down to.

Thanks for all advice offered.

Brilliant.
Thanks for returning the news nutty_jah
Wishing you a merry Christmas!
And happy new year...

there seems to be an issue with a batch of boilers rolled out recently. i fitted 2 boilers within a week and i had e133 fault codes on both one was the spark ignition fault other electrodes heateam sorted it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to E133 on Main Combi 25 Eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is there anyone out there who has come across this problem. Our boiler locked out so pressed the reset button and it seemed that all was fine. Red light went out and fan started etc. About an hour later noticed nothing seemed to be warming up. But motor was still running and no lockout. Called...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a Chaffoteaux HE 30 which keeps locking out with errors of (mostly) no flame (E04) or (occasionally) flame lift (E18). During the startup cycle a flame is visibly present, and the current through the flame sensor is about 5 - 8 microamps (see pic) until it locks out. Should that not...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Main Eco 30 Combi boiler I was fitted about 7 years ago, the whole pipe work is new and radiators. There is one thing that annoys me on my boiler is that when ever is ignites it makes a small tiny explosive noise you can hear it from far šŸ˜« I have so far replaced the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Main Eco 30 Combi boiler I was fitted about 7 years ago, the whole pipe work is new and radiators. I have so far replaced the electrodes since it was old and bent (it was working but I wanted to avoid it failing), the heat exchanger was hoovered and the seal was replaced, the...
Replies
Views
Advice required here please from my fellow Gas Engineers. Been back n forth, well my Engineer has to a Broag Remeha Avanta 39c Combi Boiler. In Central Heating Mode not able to get the Boiler to stay Fired. Goes through the sequence, then after 5 trys it hits E5. When i turn the tap on, and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock