Search the forum,

Discuss Dry test for leaks on speedfit/ tectite sprint install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Brendan

Hi,

I've finished a ch installation using speedfit and tectite sprint, and wanted to drytest for leaks.

What pressure should i dry test at?

Can i dry test the radiators, coil, drain cocks and manual air valve as well? (I'm isolating the boiler and pump using isolation valves).

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

Colin

You can dry test to 0.5bar that's all we're allowed to do any higher needs to be a water test

Water normally 5-10 bar for heating, but normally manufacturers set guidelines for this have a look on speedfits website under testing / instructions

Use water mate , I used to dry test until one time a system held air but I had a water leak after I filled it .

I've done a few recently where there isnt any water on site so I rig up a dry test at 1/2 bar and put a ball valve after the test kit so I can isolate the system. just turn the ball valve open after half an hour and see if it drops on the gauge.

Air test at .5 bar won't show a potential leak. A fitting that is partly on that can't move, will stand that test. Speedfit say to test with water at 10bar, this locks the fittings and will give you a thorough test.

Water test iaw manufacturers instructions. As mentioned above locks connections in place.
Air testing above 0.5bar stores too much energy which if inadvertently released could have potentially serious implications/cause injuries.

You can dry test to 0.5bar that's all we're allowed to do any higher needs to be a water test

Water normally 5-10 bar for heating, but normally manufacturers set guidelines for this have a look on speedfits website under testing / instructions
What's the pressure for crimping - I usually test between 8-10 bar.

What's the pressure for crimping - I usually test between 8-10 bar.

Same for any just have a look at your fittings manufacturer and check your testing regs for copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dry test for leaks on speedfit/ tectite sprint install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock