Search the forum,

Discuss Dry test for leaks on speedfit/ tectite sprint install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Brendan

Hi,

I've finished a ch installation using speedfit and tectite sprint, and wanted to drytest for leaks.

What pressure should i dry test at?

Can i dry test the radiators, coil, drain cocks and manual air valve as well? (I'm isolating the boiler and pump using isolation valves).

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

Colin

You can dry test to 0.5bar that's all we're allowed to do any higher needs to be a water test

Water normally 5-10 bar for heating, but normally manufacturers set guidelines for this have a look on speedfits website under testing / instructions

Use water mate , I used to dry test until one time a system held air but I had a water leak after I filled it .

I've done a few recently where there isnt any water on site so I rig up a dry test at 1/2 bar and put a ball valve after the test kit so I can isolate the system. just turn the ball valve open after half an hour and see if it drops on the gauge.

Air test at .5 bar won't show a potential leak. A fitting that is partly on that can't move, will stand that test. Speedfit say to test with water at 10bar, this locks the fittings and will give you a thorough test.

Water test iaw manufacturers instructions. As mentioned above locks connections in place.
Air testing above 0.5bar stores too much energy which if inadvertently released could have potentially serious implications/cause injuries.

You can dry test to 0.5bar that's all we're allowed to do any higher needs to be a water test

Water normally 5-10 bar for heating, but normally manufacturers set guidelines for this have a look on speedfits website under testing / instructions
What's the pressure for crimping - I usually test between 8-10 bar.

What's the pressure for crimping - I usually test between 8-10 bar.

Same for any just have a look at your fittings manufacturer and check your testing regs for copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dry test for leaks on speedfit/ tectite sprint install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock