Discuss Dreading it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be the next big thing there Lee.

Fight of the month.

And how does everyone know what the first rule of Fight Club is?
Because they made a film about it, duhhhh!!!!!!!

Lol got the apple for the teacher sorted lol, did his sister in laws boiler a few weeks before Christmas, shiny 38CDi, removed a twin pumped ferroli band B (first one I had seen) has been nothing but hassle to her

You know how sometimes you dont see the whole post, just a few words? Well then i got 'did his sister in law' '38C' 'pumped'

I think I'll go lay down......

This week's work list, 9 boilers and 12 pressure sets to service. might hang them out...

Mike, what's the Intergas course? Oh and where? I've been asked about their boilers recently and don't have enough knowledge to answer.

It's a mornings course at Steve Willis Training at Burgess Hill. Puts me on their books as an approved installer and upgrades the standard two year warranty to five. If you look on their website there's a link for training courses.

Well if I were you, I'd sit down tonight and jot down dates of any run ins you've had with them. I know what you mean, but getting sacked won't do you any favours when looking for a new job!

Out of the ordinary behaviour can be caused by stress, its a sign of a man on the edge, IMO they have a duty of care to look out for your well being. I'm guessing this day off you had was due to not being able to face work?

Yeah it was hence the reason I never phoned in either. As I said I have a couple of mates who have to do these from the other side (Their the ones doing the sacking) and they have talked me through what I need to take with me how to conduct myself during the hearing and all my rights so I am ready for whatever they throw at me.

I've a few pump changes to do this week, a couple of hobs for my kitchen fitter mates and a few rads to change. Im slowly easing myself back into this work malarky..

Ball valve change, fire repair and boiler repair. Keeping it steady for a couple of weeks for the baby. Got 6 llsc to book in myself, need to check the due dates.

Yeah it was hence the reason I never phoned in either. As I said I have a couple of mates who have to do these from the other side (Their the ones doing the sacking) and they have talked me through what I need to take with me how to conduct myself during the hearing and all my rights so I am ready for whatever they throw at me.

How did it go?

I'm off to an Intergas course in the morning and then Carr Taylor vineyard in the afternoon to test a van they've sited ready for the fruit pickers.
I done my gas training with the lad who's Dad does the training etc for Intergas pretty sure yes based in Kent. Meant to be very good boilers according to him, something like 12 year warranty ?

12 year warranty? No way. If that's true, I'm gonna start fitting them myself.

Wow. That's impressive.

I'm based in Kent. I'm going to look into doing their course too. That's quite a selling point.

Ah!! And I guess you need to do the manufacturers course to qualify for the 5 year?

The lad on my course absolutely raved about them.really sold them to me and I think price wise about the same as Worcester Bosch?

yes and then register with them, you then become a platinum 5 installer they want gs number an 2mil pli

Might look into it. I'm quite fickle with boiler manufacturers at the moment. I'm swinging back in favour of Worcester Bosch's at the moment. I know I'll get some scorn for that, but there you go.

Someone wants me to fit a big combi. I think Intergas do a 42KW. I know WB do. I'll compare costs but if there aint much in it, I'll probably suggest the WB (just being honest).

The other advantage is the engineers case the size of a think briefcase cadets all the spares and the combi can be used as heat only or system I believe

combi can be used as multipoint water heater, without any water in ch side of boiler :)

How did it go?

I got a written warning and have been put on a performance review for the next month. went quite well was expecting worse but makes no sense to me why suspend someone on full pay for 2 days because I had 1 day off.

Sort of good news I suppose! Just hope they buck their ideas up and make the job less stressful for you mate!

BOD, I'm rather tall and unfit. I don't do running or hiding very well!!

two days off with pay sounds good, but weird way to go about it, like sending skool kids home to punish them. its what they want :)

Start looking elsewhere, keep your nose clean till you get something.

Yeah thats what I thought 2 extra lie ins after christmas lol.

I doubt they will make it less stressful if anything they are trying to make it harder for me. Lucky for me I am the only LPG Oil engineer so I think that helped a little but I know they are looking for someone to do that then they will try and force me out. But hey ho good job I am already looking elsewhere.

That is one thing I honestly didn't do when I left my old company, I returned every single fitting, screw and bit of pipe that didn't belong to me! The grief they caused me after I left, I wish I'd stolen the bloody van now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dreading it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views
Back