Discuss draft letter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever won work through boiler guide?
We did a few quotes but lots of cheapsakes - time wasters. Non f them wanted a proper job or to comply with building regs.

yes i have won work through them but not alot , what they dont tell you is that the cust thinks that we dont pay for the lead so they are happy to chuck out feelers for prices left right and center.
boilerguide are very protective of this as well hence why you get banned from using them , they also give out fake leads as well which i found out by accident so in other words dont bother with them .

i agree, i only use it for curiosity to see what comes up.
even so, i spam all my emails from them.lol

The petition count is on 75 at the moment. It would be much more credible if the count was in 100s or better still 1000s, but bear in mind that every signatory is a registered engineer/business and not from the general public. This way the issue remains focused and no one can claim we don't know what we are talking about. Derek has another petition on 38 Degrees which is more targeted for the public. I have sent over a 1000 emails to registered businesses and many of them have responded by signing, but not enough really. I found that Gas engineers tend to be very pessimistic about change! Most of them say "What's the point". The point is if we do nothing we can expect nothing. What is there to loose! But hey, potentially plenty to gain. GSR has already started to pay attention to our campaign. You only need to look at a few of the articles in relevant magazines and see how they are trying to fall in line. Spread the word, let's get registered engineers and businesses joining these forums and sign our petition, if we have numbers behind us, nothing will stand our way.

80 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to draft letter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
The self-certification certificate states that "....the work was carried out in accordance with Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations, as...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock