Discuss Don't you love sparks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
mine vs there's why o why

Bet it took them longer than mine

IMG_2741.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

mine went in the same day :D had that a few times

What tool did you use to get that so tidy and neat? Grinder ?
Did you use denser tape ?

Wall chaser ( so yes grinder)

And waterproof duct tape

I notice most Sparks just use an electric hammer to chase the walls. I can't understand why they do that, other than speed. Electric hammer vibrates the wall and slackens the plaster to each side.
A builder told me that using a grinder to new bare walls is wrong because it creates a weak line where wall can crack. He said the block work needs to be cut unevenly.

I notice most Sparks just use an electric hammer to chase the walls. I can't understand why they do that, other than speed. Electric hammer vibrates the wall and slackens the plaster to each side.
A builder told me that using a grinder to new bare walls is wrong because it creates a weak line where wall can crack. He said the block work needs to be cut unevenly.

Can understand the logic if your going deep aprox half way + but the same could be said for floor joists and we don't stagger our hols / notches do we :)

Got the dust extractor to go with it as well Shaun ?

Not the hilti one but hire one from the local hire place 20 a day

Can't justify nearly 1k on a hoover that I can't use every day / normally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Don't you love sparks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock