Search the forum,

Discuss Does this pic show evidence of leak inside Combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per previous posts, I'm having a bit of a nightmare with pressure drop on Firebird Oil Combi condensing boiler.
I've done all I can to prove no leak on pipework (professional pressure tests, gas, thermal, visual).
No leak from PRV or trap. Adding half bar a day into loop to keep pressure up.
But water is going in, and not coming out. On previous thread, was suggested water could be vapourising inside boiler.
So I called out Firebird to sort out under warranty.
As they were dismantling, I took this photo. It appears to show tap water mineral deposit from evaporating water (boiler is 2 month old). This is on the bit of metal at front. I didn't get photo, but with this strip of metal removed, there was further evidence of dryed staining/ deposits.
Is this evidence of leak, which wouldn't show up due to evaporation?
They said they would go away to think about it.
I am a layman so could be wrong here, so advice appreciated. Thanks.
leak2.jpg

Attachments

• leak1.jpg
    leak1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 103
You've had some crap with this boiler and shown a tremendous amount of patience. But now you need to get heavy with Firebird. It's not the system, you've had that proven. Firebird need to get it sorted, not only is all the fresh water affecting the boiler but also the rest of the system

Just to report back... had a new boiler fitted (same model) and all fine now, no more pressure drops. Thanks for advice, it took a lot of convincing to get them to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does this pic show evidence of leak inside Combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock