Discuss Does anyone know why an Riello RDB boiler would start pluming black smoke? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

jom

Does anyone know why an Riello RDB boiler would suddenly start pluming black smoke? Does it have anything to do with the needle valve in the fuel pump?

The longer it smokes black the more expensive it is to repair. That's how I work it.

Sounds like somebody's been fiddling! Run out of fuel?

A sooted up toaster is bad enough, a sooted up steamer secondary HEX thats got the soot wet and set is horrible.
[automerge]1590338125[/automerge]
there was nobody near it

Ok. I suggest getting a reputable engineer in out to service it and give everything a look over.
Have you had a recent delivery of oil?

Last edited:
there was nobody near it
A sooted up toaster is bad enough, a sooted up steamer secondary HEX thats got the soot wet and set is horrible.
[automerge]1590338125[/automerge]

Ok. I suggest getting a reputable engineer in out to service it and give everything a look over.
Have you had a recent delivery of oil?
it seems to be getting too much oil to burn either the solonied is not shutting or the needle valve on oil pump is faulty or sticking its a fairly new burner probably 18 months old this behavior started very suddenly according to the owner

Reply to Does anyone know why an Riello RDB boiler would start pluming black smoke? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm looking for advice to help my heating engineer fix my problem! He actually installed the unit. It’s a 3 year old oil boiler, a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock