Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone know of any ACS sample questions or anything to help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wolves999wolves

Hi everyone, first post.

Currently sitting a ACS course in the evenings before sitting the exams. Anyone know of any good sites or material to help be top of my game?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hello Wolves, :welcome: to the forum.
I like reading Treloar and Corgi-essential gas safety

hi simon,

Have you ever been keen on the viper book? Thats the one i have been looking for so far but it seems hard to get hold of unless your a member of viper. Its double the price for non members.

Going to take a look at those two and see what comes up.

Thanks for that

I haven't got the viper book, I have seen it, and yes its a good book to have.
also if you are signed up with viper you will get notified of new regulations etc
but maybe someone else who has the viper book will fill you in more on the details.

The assessments aren't that difficult if you know your stuff but you will doubt your abilities.
Read the questions carefully as IMO they are designed to confuse even the most experienced.

When you do the practical, check everything and expect multiple faults on the appliances and installation. Refer to the MI's for how to test and service.
AND never wave s smoke match vaguely in the general direction of the radiants of a gas fire during a spillage test.

At the assessments , somethings may look silly, think that your work shop is real and consider everything as if you in real house,termination guards of the flues, clearance etc... follow MI.

AND never wave s smoke match vaguely in the general direction of the radiants of a gas fire during a spillage test.

hi, im due to do my assessments in the next few weeks but having read this thread, im confused when mountainman made this comment.

could you please explain

I meant Read the MI's for testing procedures anything else you may not be absolutely certain of.

I took my ACS for the umpteenth time before Christmas and i witnessed a candidate failing the course by vaguely waving a smoke match at the radiants of a fire during a spillage test.

If he'd read the MI's he would have known precisely what the test procedure was and would probably have passed.
No one knows it all, all of the time. That's why MI's are provided.
Good luck, your biggest enemy is your own self doubt!

thanx for the clarification

i beginning to think that all the spillage tests i had done, had been done wrong by leaving the radiants in which i was sure was correct lol

I meant Read the MI's for testing procedures anything else you may not be absolutely certain of.

I took my ACS for the umpteenth time before Christmas and i witnessed a candidate failing the course by vaguely waving a smoke match at the radiants of a fire during a spillage test.

If he'd read the MI's he would have known precisely what the test procedure was and would probably have passed.
No one knows it all, all of the time. That's why MI's are provided.
Good luck, your biggest enemy is your own self doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone know of any ACS sample questions or anything to help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years experience! I am extremely knowledgeable in my industry, but when the pressure of having to answer rapid fire questions over the phone, and with an expectation...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is integrated and the seat is top-fixing. I assumed it was quick release but couldn't find a button to push, there are no little grommit hidden screws or...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hope this is ok to post here but I’m really struggling to get any responses from anyone. I am a 36 year old from just outside of Maidstone who has recently decided to retrain with the hope of eventually starting a career in the domestic plumbing and heating industry (looking to get...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock