Discuss Do you Need a Non-Return Valve on the Shower Hose Wall Outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scorps79

I am purchasing a hand shower on a rail
and have a choice for the wall outlet -
this can either be with or without a
non-return valve.

Is it better to have the non-return valve,
if so, why ? because it is more expensive.
Also one has a pivot joint and other does
not so I do not know if this is important.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

if the shower head reaches the water level in a bath/shower you need a non return valve building regs and water regs require it to stop you possibly polluting the water main

If you install the shower and it has one of those rings on the riser that you put the hose through and once through the ring it cannot drop to the level of the water can you skip the NRV?
I've always thought so, but I have been wrong about such things on the odd occasion :/
I mean potentially, the customer could unscrew the shower head and take the hose out of the ring which would mean the head could drop to the water level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you Need a Non-Return Valve on the Shower Hose Wall Outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock